History of the Wausau Lodge

The Wausau chapter of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks was founded in 1892 as the 248th Lodge organized in the United States with the purpose to further charitable, educational, patriotic, and benevolent activities within the Wausau community. Our current building was constructed in 1923 by Wausau Elk members to house their Elks Lodge and is a landmark within the downtown Wausau area.