There are many reasons to become a member of the Elks, just some are listed below:
- We Elks are a nationwide, fraternal organiztion of over a million American citizens. We love our country and desire to preserve its cherished institutions, traditions and values.
- The active social club activities offer an outstanding opportunity to meet and cultivate lifelong friendships and networks within the community.
- The Elks Lodge affords you the opportunity to join your neighbors and friends and take a prominent role in improving our community life.
- We vow to help each other become better and happier persons. We believe in not merely wishing each other well but in manifesting this belief by deeds seeking to server rather than to be served.
- We question no one’s religion nor do we exclude anyone because of creed, race, ethnic origin, educational attainment, vocation, marital status, or physical stature.
- Through our local lodge, district, state and national programs, we provide healthful activities, guidance and assistance to over eight million boys and girls every year.
- We seek to bring into our fraternal family only those who delight in wholesome associations with congenial companions. Persons who find the fulfillment of their existence to humanity.
- Membership is recognized at all lodges across the nation. Visitors are welcomed and encouraged
It is not difficult to join the Elks, though we do have some requirements that you must fulfill.
- A completed membership form is required. Let us know if you would like us to send you our excellent lodge brochure and special introductory incentive.
- You must be proposed by an Elk member.
- Two references must be provided.
- Application review is held during three meetings. It is read, verified and voted upon.
- Payment of the modest initiation fee, which includes one future party and free dinner.
- Willingness to work with a committee during the first year.
Membership fee – Paid annually. An optional spouse card is available
For further information about membership, ask a current member, call 845-5602 or use our contact form.